How did i develop interest In Snakes?? Here's My Story!!

Hello There, Here's everything about me!


About Me:

I am Atul Pai, a freelance photographer, video grapher, video editor, journalist and a wildlife enthusiast from Mangalore, Karnataka. I completed my schooling from Canara School (Urwa), Pre-University education from Besant National Pre-University College and Undergraduation from Nitte Institute of Communication (Nitte Deemed to be University).

My Story:

Since childhood i always had a fascination towards snakes, but was freaking scared to hold one of them as they were creepy, crawly creatures and i was more afraid if they would bite me as i thought snakes are venomous species back then.....Phewww!! 😜

But then one day when my mom told me to go to the shop and purchase some groceries, i was happily on the way to the shop and i spotted an Indian Rat Snake just looking at me into my eyes and trying to see if i move, i was shocked and stood there for a moment and slowly went away from the side and informed a shopkeeper about the snake. This shopkeeper later came with me as i showed him the snake and he just told me this is 'kere' (common name for an Indian rat Snake in South India) and he told just take Lord Krishna's name and the snake will vanish in a moment and the shopkeeper started calling out, Krishna, Oh Krishna!!.... But the snake did not vanish and the shop keeper told me to go after a while. You can imagine how hilarious that situation would have been? 😜

However as i grew up i started developing more interest in these creatures and started watching shows on animal planet, national geographic etc and whenever i would spot a snake in one of these channels i would stay on that channel until that program ends!! Gradually, i started getting attached to one man in this show named Steve Irwin and started closely observing his snake rescue methods and thought i can use the same methods when i spot a snake!! But my oh my!! snake rescue is not as easy as it may seem, back then i thought there are only two kinds of snake in Mangalore, number one being the Indian Rat Snake and secondly the Indian Rock Python (Hebbavu).

However this interest drew me more into this field and i started learning about snakes more deeply and getting to know everything about snakes!! Currently i am an independent snake rescuer in Mangalore working towards saving these creatures by rescuing them from Human Habitat and releasing them back to a safer habitat (preferably forest areas) where they can get plenty of food and water and survive peacefully without human intervention 😊


So that's all about me. If you want to see my rescues you can follow me from the link given below:

Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/mlrrescues/?hl=en

Facebook Account: https://www.facebook.com/mlrrescues/?ref=bookmarks

For Snake Rescues Contact Me: +91 8618190692
Timings for rescues: 7:00 A.M to 4:00 P.M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does "Nag Mani" exists in real life? Here's the truth!!

The Snake Story!

Snakes entering your home? Do not worry!